Monday, December 28, 2009

Time In A Bottle

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day----of 2009!!!!! The aforementioned are the opening lyrics to Jim Croce's immortal song, TIME IN A BOTTLE. 2009 was an incredible year!!! In some ways, I had the time of my life!! In other ways, living on the edge; with no regrets.
Like the time Philip and I decide to drive the van and scooter to Houston Texas, and back---to enjoy the beautiful wedding of my brother Dominic's son Gregory to his wonderful bride Mary Jo!!!! We had a wonderful time at the wedding---and Philip and I had some good conversations.
Or just like the one Tuesday in December I decide to live by the adage---no time is a good time; that is why right now is the best time---and during my lunch break I go to the Annunciation Lofts to negotiate an entrance to the building and be allowed a tour!!! Scooter, canes, camera and all!!! Some of what made this an incredible year was that it gave me an opportunity to enrich and deepen relationships with Family and Friends.

Our oldest, and beautiful daughter Nicole marries a very wonderful man named Brian. And along with the marriage, my Wife Donna and I enjoy the company of Brian's 4-year-old daughter Brook Lyn as Grandparents. That, for us, is a completely unique experience!!!! Our Son Philip, has now been home from the USMC for one full year, and is therefore no longer dealing with the horrors of the Middle East. Andrew is still working to finish his Environmental Management degree and is also exploring community service work as an Americorp Volunteer. Our Daughter Erica, upon completing a very very accomplished Kenmore/West High School program culminating with her being elected The Senior Class President, is given the honor, and excels in, delivering the Commencement Address for the Class of 2009 at the Kleinhans Music Hall. Did I get choked up!?!? Damned Straight!!! She is currently immersed, as a Freshman, with the Academic & Sorority Life at the University of Mississippi. And the two Women in my Life are still: Donna, and My Beautiful Dachshund, Tootsie!!!!

More to Save in that 2009 bottle, would be the friendships galvanized by two High School Reunions. Through the reconnecting of these reunions, I now have The Fallon Friends Community, The Annunciation Community, and a developing Lafayette High School community. Along the way, I have made some new friends: Pellici. DeCarolis, DeCanio, and Williams. In reflecting on friendships, I must recognize The Four M'keteers; Marzullo, McKnight, Mulder, and Marconi.

And recognition must be made of Joe Sullivan at the Buffalo Employment Training Center, 77 Goodell St., Buffalo NY. Starting out as as unemployment insurance counselor, he has provided me a life-line so many times---I now call him, friend.
--{-=@
Hickok

No comments:

Post a Comment