Friday, January 29, 2010

...second chances

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show...(the opening lines of David Copperfield as written by Charles Dickens;inspired by MTM). Or at least this ACCOUNT will, perhaps, have a reflection on whether I'm going to be the hero in my own life...We live in parallel across the empty blue, We are like earth and sun and I still circle you---Amy Sky.

I had observed this quote in a FACEBOOK account during the week and I must admit that I have taken it to heart. I will give credit where credit is due. It is my life in so many ways and therefore I am going to give some perspective on it.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.

So love the people who treat you right.

Pray for the one's who don't

Believe everything happens for a reason.

If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

The power of this reflection is that every word in every line has meaning; has substance. Life is way too short to have regrets. As I have already thoughtfully remarked in a Reunion Newsletter, 3/4 of my life is already behind me. Of what is left, I am going to live it as fully as I possibly can, and with no regrets.

So love the people who treat you right. It is my intention to embrace the many people whom have done that to me. And that would be the many that I have known since my childhood---as well as those whom are a part of my adult life experience including my Wife and my Family. As well, there would be those whom I have gotten to know well through reunion experiences, church experiences, work experiences, social experiences, and some chance encounters that have demonstrated a sincerity of purpose and conviction.

Pray for the ones who don't. Admittedly I suppose I do. My prayer efforts are more for the deserving people and the deserving purpose or efforts they are trying to undertake or need help in overcoming the crosses being placed on those shoulders. For the ones that 'don't', my approach is just to move on, move away from that which I see as an impediment to my well-being.

Believe everything happens for a reason. Having gotten to where I am in life and the age level and experiences that have come along with that, I do believe that insight. I do believe that there is a Hand in all this. That there may be some happenstance, I will accept that. But the overwhelming courses-of-action that take place do so because His Plan is being effected.

If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Simply put---guilty on all counts.
(...passing through a Towne in the middle of My Life; True Reunions, faces in a book, classmates, and the like). The aforementioned carries better if one uses the riffs to Soul Asylum's RUNAWAY TRAIN.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. The jury has rendered a quick verdict on the first portion of that remark. Life is a challenge; it does have its upheavals, trials, and tribulations. But what does make it worth while is all the goodness, all the friendships, and all the embraces that humanity will return to you---if you allow humanity its inclination to do so.
--{-=@
Hickok

No comments:

Post a Comment